Eight domain name stories I would loved to have looked into in more detail today:
- Cricket Liu of Infoblox: DNSCurve is a distraction. David Ulevitch of OpenDNS: DNSSEC community is “embarrassing” and “incestuous”. Liu demands T-shirt reflecting same.
- Bored? Want to make enemies and influence people? Why not apply to join the ICANN board? Attractive package includes three all-expenses busman’s holidays per annum.
- UDRP.com bought for $16,500 by regicidal UDRP lawyer.
- Dot-uk resellers lose Whois anonymity under Nominet plans.
- ICANN boss Rod Beckstrom heads for talks with China? PC World thinks so.
- Uber-cybersquatter jailbird John Zuccarini loses another court battle. Dot-coms all live in California, Californian court decides. Read the ruling (PDF).
- Should I bid on kevin.me? It’s among the 300 .me names up for auction with NameJet next month.
- Make firewalls? Got IPv6? Why not tell ICANN?