Perhaps I checked in too early, before all the sponsors have showed up, but the schwag bag for the ICANN San Francisco meeting seems to offer surprisingly slim pickings.
Here’s what you can expect to clutter up your luggage if you’re in attendance at ICANN 40.
- Baseball-style executive stress squeezy toy (VeriSign, .net)
- Black polo shirt (IronDNS)
- M&Ms-style candy (NameMedia)
- Coffee mug (RegistryPro, .pro)
- Badge/button (.green)
- Mini beer-flagon-style shot glass thing (United Domains, newdomains.org)
- Pack of tissues (.SO Registry, .so)
- Post-it notes (VeriSign, .net)
Given the high sponsorship fees and the anticipated turn-out of 1,600 to 2,000 delegates, I was expecting much more. Perhaps some gold-plated breath mints or Armani cufflinks.
Still, nice to see .SO Registry pushing the boat out there. Tissues are always useful, but I was expecting at least a branded eye-patch.
I shall re-register under a fake name in a day or two to see if the quality of the schwag improves.