ICANN has posted its latest weekly batch of Initial Evaluation results for new gTLD applications, with 44 new passes and no failures.
The publication brings the grand total of passing applications to 213, with only one failure to date and 51 withdrawals.
Today’s passing strings are:
.微博 (Wei-bo), .慈善 (charity), .微博 (microblogging), .cimb, .wme ,broadway, .astrium, .associates, .coach, .aaa, .chase, .app, .trading, .nra, .vip, .engineer, .voyage, .yachts, .live, .cpa, .swiss, .auction, .emerck, .site, .godaddy, .epson, .pictures, .schaeffler, .omega, .dental, .hermes, .xin, .flowers, .qvc, .bofa, .email, .hotel, .scb, .cymru, .bridgestone, .dot, .talk, .cab, .guru.
Some notable things that immediately jump out at me:
- Go Daddy’s application for the .godaddy dot-brand has passed.
- The first application for .app — one of the most heavily contested strings — has passed.
- So far none of the five Top Level Domain Holdings applications with Minds + Machines back-ends and priority numbers under 250 have passed.
- Of the four Famous Four Media bids under 250, only one has passed.
- Donuts is up to 29 passes, almost 10% of its total applications.
- Amazon and Google have clean sheets so far.
ICANN is now at priority number 250 in its IE publication running order, which means 36 applications that could have passed already haven’t.
ICANN has previously stated that these delays are mostly due to processing responses to clarifying questions and change requests.